The Autism Alert card is designed to assist Autistic individuals to communicate their need for support to others, in situations that may be challenging. Aspect are offering these cards free to people on the autism spectrum.*
- I Am Autistic
- General information about autism
- General information about basic support strategies that can help everyone communicate effectively
- Information about meltdowns
- Space to record your own name and the name and contact details of a trusted person who can help support you in an emergency
The Aspect Autism Alert card is an Autistic led initiative. The Autism Alert Card has been designed by Autistic individuals and this particular card will be most suitable for adolescents and adults.
- To explain difficulties wearing a breathing mask where compulsory due to COVID19
- If you feel anxious in an unfamiliar environment and need assistance
- If you feel unsafe and need to ask for help
- During interactions with police, fire, ambulance or security staff
- When you don’t have access to your preferred communication strategies
- Whenever you feel other people knowing you are autistic would be helpful
Aspect is also working to provide autism information to police and other services in community settings with Aspect’s Autism-Friendly Australia team.
Ordering your Alert Card
Please complete the form below to order an Autism Alert Card
* Note: There is a maximum of 3 cards per order
Aspect will mail out cards once a week. Please be patient with postal delays due to COVID19
The card was designed to be used by Autistic people who can choose to use the card for themselves whenever they need.
Please fill in the web form on this page.
There is a maximum of 3 cards per order.
Aspect will post the card to your address. Your details will not be shared with any other Aspect department or other organisation.
Please complete the application form on this page again and explain that you have lost your card in the comments section.
The cards are funded by Aspect and are free.
Disclaimer: Aspect is not liable for any damages arising from the use of the Autism Alert Card, or from any action or decision taken as a result of the use of the card.