Aspect Comprehensive Approach (ACA)
The ACA is built upon seven core principles:
1. Inclusive of the whole of the autism spectrum.
2. Person-centred and family-focused so that the individual with autism can achieve a personally meaningful life,
independence and autonomy.
3. Use of evidence-informed autism-specific tools and approaches.
4. Acknowledgement of and focus on the particular interests, strengths and contributions of the individual with
autism as the basis for establishing meaningful outcomes.
5. Collaboration among people with autism, their families and carers, community supports and professionals.
6. The continuous development of expertise in autism by specialist staff.
7. Building the autism capacity of the wider community