The purpose of the Autism Assessment is to determine whether an individual is on the autism spectrum and to provide information about their presentation and support needs. This assessment is suitable for individuals 2 years and over who have never been diagnosed with autism before or where there has been conflicting opinions expressed by professionals and clarification is sought. Autism Assessments can be used to assist in applications for funding (e.g. NDIS eligibility, Disability Support Pension, school supports) and include information to assist with support planning.
My Early Development assessments are for very young children (under 2 years) where parents are concerned about their developmental progress. This assessment provides information about the child’s functioning across all developmental areas and also determines whether or not early signs of autism are present.
Type: Diagnostic Assessment
Ages: From 2 years
Suitable for: All ages to determine whether or not an individual has autism.
Includes: Autism Diagnostic Interview-Revised (parent or family member interview) Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (clinical observation), Adaptive Behaviour Assessment System (measure of functional assessment), feedback session, summary report
Availability: Frenchs Forest, Bondi Junction, Camden, Wetherill Park, Corrimal, Thornton (Hunter area), Alstonville (Far North Coast), school visits available in Sydney metro, Central Coast, Nepean/Blue Mountains and Illawarra areas.
MY EARLY DEVELOPMENT
Type: Screening and Early Development
Ages: 12 months to 2 years
Suitable for: Young children where parents are concerned about their development and/or that they may have autism
Includes: M-Chat (parent checklist), Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (clinical observation), Griffiths Developmental Assessment, feedback session, summary report.
Availability: Frenchs Forest, Bondi Junction, Corrimal, Wetherill Park.
* All assessments include a written summary report with recommendations. A summary report includes:
- Results of all assessment instruments
- Diagnosis including description of current strengths and difficulties
- Severity Level (autism assessments only)
- General recommendations
There is an option for a full report at an additional cost of $500 which contains all of the information in the summary report and some additional information, i.e.:
- Summary of family, medical and developmental history
- Summary of previous interventions
- Detailed information obtained from assessment instruments
- Appendix outlining tailored recommendations i.e. strengths and support needs across functional areas for NDIS planning purposes
Note: A full report is highly recommended for second opinion autism assessments (i.e. where there has been some conflicting opinions in the past) and where there are any complicating factors (individual has other disabilities or mental health problems; complex family backgrounds).
MY SUPPORT PROFILE
My Support Profile is a review assessment for an individual previously diagnosed with autism. These assessments are very useful at times of transition (e.g. when commencing primary school or high school or post-school planning) or to assist in applications for funding (e.g. NDIS eligibility, Disability Support Pension, school supports). They are designed to provide updated information about an individual’s strengths and challenges and include recommendations to assist with support planning.
Type: Review assessment
Ages: From 4 years
Suitable for: Individuals who have previously been diagnosed with autism who require updated information about strengths and support needs or at times of transition (school entry*, post-school planning).
Includes: Background interview with parents/carers, Autism Diagnostic Observation Schedule (Clinical observation), Adaptive Behaviour Assessment System (measure of functional assessment), report.
Availability: Frenchs Forest, Bondi Junction, Camden, Wetherill Park, Corrimal, Thornton (Hunter area), Alstonville (Far North Coast).
All assessments include a written report outlining the following:
- Results of all assessment instruments
- Description of current strengths and difficulties
- Diagnoses and current impact on functioning
- Tailored recommendations i.e. strengths and support needs across functional areas for NDIS planning purposes
* For school entry it is highly recommended that a cognitive assessment is included in My Support Profile. Please note - cognitive assessments must be conducted at our office sites.
* For adults there is an option to include a measure of executive functioning (organisation, planning, problem solving, working memory and emotion regulation) for an additional cost of $200.
MY SKILLS ASSESSMENTS
My Skills Assessments are specific assessments across a range of developmental areas including speech and language, motor skills, sensory difficulties, play skills and cognitive skills (IQ). These assessments can also be combined with an Autism Assessment or My Support Profile if required and provide additional information to assist with support planning.
Comprehensive Language assessment
Cognitive (IQ) assessment (also includes functional assessment of everyday living skills)
1When combined with an Autism Assessment or My Support Profile the cost for a cognitive assessment is available at a reduced price of $600.