Autism Advisor Program
Autism Advisor Program in NSW
Autism Spectrum Australia (Aspect) was appointed by the Department of Social Services (DSS) to deliver the Autism Advisor Program in NSW, which is a component of the federal government’s Helping Children with Autism package.
The NSW Autism Advisor Program offers the following support to families:
- Information about autism spectrum disorders
- Information about area-specific family support and therapy options
- Information about transitioning to the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
We are not Caseworkers and we are not from a government department. We are here to help you get more support for your child and family.
Please note that the funding component of the Helping Children with Autism (HCWA) has been closed to all new applicants across NSW as of August 1st, 2017. Those who already have their funding are still able to continue using it until their child turns 7, or until they spend it all, or until their child is transitioned to the NDIS (whichever of these happens first).
WE ARE NO LONGER ACCEPTING NEW APPLICATIONS FOR HCWA FUNDING
However, if you have a child under 7 who has recently been diagnosed with autism, we can still provide some support. We are offering individual “Post Diagnostic Appointments”. During this appointment we can discuss the diagnosis, the role of early intervention, workshops and support options in your area. We can also discuss the NDIS and how to apply.
If you would like to put your name down for one of these appointments, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org or call us on 1300 978 611
We have information on autism in different languages. We can use interpreters when we talk to you.
For a language interpreter call 13 14 50 and ask them to call 1300 978 611.
Contact the Autism Advisor Program on 1300 978 611or email us
- Queensland - 1800 428 847 / email@example.com
- Victoria - (03) 9657 1623 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- South Australia – 1300 288 476 / email@example.com
- Northern Territory - 08 89474800 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Western Australia – 08 9489 8900 / email@example.com
- ACT – 02 6176 0515 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- Tasmania - (03) 6278 9985 / email@example.com
Can't find what you are looking for? Please contact Aspect customer service on:
1800 ASPECT (1800 277 328)
or email us at: