Aspect Capable Employment Mentoring offers one-on-one strengths-based employment support to assist adults on the spectrum prepare for, find and maintain meaningful employment. Mentoring support is tailored to each individual need can include:
- Autism specific job skills assessment and counselling, occupational decision making and skills matching;
- Supporting job seekers identify, search and apply for suitable and meaningful jobs;Support key transitions through school, further education, employment and whole of life.
- Pre-vocational skill development such as transport, time management, understanding your finances, building skills for independence;
- Job readiness and preparation,
- Developing and improving skills for finding employment including interview skills, writing an effective resume and ‘selling yourself’ to an employer;Developing skills for finding and maintaining employment including communication, organisationalsocial skills, and understanding the hidden curriculum of the workplace and the underlying expectations of employees;
- understanding your autism and your unique skills and strengths for the workplace;
- developing self-awareness and building confidence for the workplace;
- workplace orientation and identifying reasonable adjustments;
- sourcing and settling into jobs, internships, placements, work experience and volunteering opportunities
- Individual employment support including training for employers.
Eligibility and costs
Aspect Capable Mentoring is available to anyone who identifies with being the autism spectrum who is preparing to transition into employment or currently seeking work.
Mentoring sessions are charged at an hourly rate. For eligible participants who have an NDIS Package, you may be eligible for our supporting within your funding. We offer an initial consultation that includes autism job assessment to identify strengths, areas of development, job matching and workplace support strategies. Please contact us for information regarding our rates.
Our Employment Mentoring program is offered both in Sydney, Melbourne and regional areas across Australia via skype or phone. We can meet either at one of our Aspect sites or in quiet public locations such as libraries or cafes. Arrangements are made to suit participants needs.
Contact our Customer Service team on 1800 ASPECT (1800 277 328) or (02) 8977 8377 for more information or to register for the program.