National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS)
What is the NDIS?
The National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) is an Australian government reform that is aimed to provide individualised, quality care and support for people with a disability, their families and carers. It aims to provide people with flexible, whole-of-life approach to supports needed to pursue their goals and aspirations.
Who is it for?
It is for those who meet the following requirements:
- Have a permanent and significant disability that affects their ability to partake in everyday activities
- Be aged less than 65 when first accessing the scheme
- Be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or a NZ citizen who holds a Protected Special Category Visa
- Lives in an LGA where the NDIS is currently available
When is it in my area?
What are your options?
1) Self-managed plan: you (or your nominee) directly manage the funds; all transactions are completed by the participant for services rendered
2) Agency managed plan: providers claim directly from the NDIA
3) A combination of Self & Agency managed: participants can self direct their supports whilst the agency manages the financial side of the plan
4) Engage a plan management provider: funding in your plan is allocated for a third party to manage the financial transactions in your plan
Aspect and the NDIS
Aspect is a registered provider of supports through NDIS and we are able to offer a broad range of supports and services across all life stages. We are Australia’s leading provider of autism services and our specialised; evidence informed practice gives you certainty and assurance when it comes to the quality of support you receive.
Our vision is to provide the best possible opportunities for people with autism and other disabilities and we are passionate about people, about being positive and about what’s possible. We understand that change can often be daunting and we have established a new team to help families and individuals get the information, advice and support they need when transferring to the National Disability Insurance Agency. We will work with you to explain what’s involved and who to contact.
If you would like additional support, we can meet with you and explore your available options. If you are currently receiving support through a different program we can give you the best advice to make sure you continue to receive the support and assistance you need.
What kind of supports will I get? Aspect is a registered NDIS provider for the following support clusters:
- Specialised assessment of skills, abilities and needs
- Assistance in coordinating or managing life stages, transitions and supports
- Behaviour support
- Development of daily living and life skills
- Participation in community, social and civic activities
- Therapeutic supports
- Assistance to integrate into school or other educational program
- Assistance with daily personal activities
- Communication and information equipment
- Early intervention supports for early childhood (transdisciplinary service)
- Management of funding for supports in a participant's plan
If you are unsure about what the NDIS will mean to you or you would like some information on what’s involved when applying to become a participant, we can explain the process and help you prepare for your planning interview. Call our customer service team on 1800 277 328 (1800 ASPECT) to find out more.
- Aspect and the NDIS
- Aspects Transdisciplinary Approach
- Early Intervention and Therapy Services
- Positive Behavior Support
- School Integration and Transition
- Living and life skills
- Community and Social Networks
- Employment and Job Coaching
For more on the National Disability Insurance Scheme visit the website: www.ndis.gov.au