Recruit via Aspect for your research study
One of the ways that Aspect supports autism research is by publishing ‘calls for participants’ on our website and via posts on Aspect’s social media pages.
If you are an academic, researcher or university student who is conducting research in the field of autism
If you are an academic, researcher or university student who has HREC approval for a study in the field of autism, you can apply to Aspect Research to have this study included in one monthly listing posted on Aspect’s Facebook page. We will also publish a page about your study on Aspect’s website for the duration of your study’s recruitment period.
To apply for inclusion in this listing, you need to:
• complete two forms: the Application form and the Participant recruitment advertising form
• supply a digital copy of all documentation, including your HREC documentation
• pay a non-refundable fee of $150 (not required for Autism CRC research projects)
• email your completed forms, supporting documentation and payment receipt to Aspect Research.
If you are a school student
Unfortunately we are currently unable to support applications from school students.
Conducting research at an Aspect school or service
If you wish to conduct research at an Aspect school or service, please contact Dr Trevor Clark, National Director Aspect Research at email@example.com to discuss a research collaboration.
What is the approval process?
Aspect Research assesses applications to ensure that all research studies promoted via Aspect comply with professional standards and respect the needs of people on the autism spectrum and their support network.
Each application is assessed against a set of criteria, including:
- Does the conduct of this research have clear benefits for the autism community?
- Do the Participant Information Statement, consent forms, recruitment materials and any other materials provide clear and adequate information for participants?
- If participants are people on the autism spectrum and/or their support network, does the information adequately cater to their needs?
- Do the research methods adequately cater for the sensory, social and communication needs of people on the autism spectrum and/or their support network?
- Are there adequate provisions if the participant become distressed during the conduct of the research?
Helpful guidelines on inclusive autism research are available in the Autism Cooperative Research Centre’s publication Inclusive Research Practice Guide 1: Engaging Individuals on the Autism Spectrum as Research Participants. You can access this publication at:
We aim to provide a response within two to three weeks of receiving all documentation and payment, however, this may vary and is not guaranteed.
How to apply to recruit for an autism research study via Aspect
Step 1 Complete the application form Application to recruit for autism research via Aspect
Step 2 Provide a copy of all supporting documentation relating to your project
Your supporting documentation must include your full HREC application, any subsequent HREC application amendments submitted, and all HREC approval letter(s) for your study. A full list of supporting documentation is provided in the application form.
Step 3 Compete the Aspect participant recruitment advertisement form
If your application is approved, the information that you provide in this Aspect participant recruitment advertisement form will be used to create a webpage about your study on the Aspect website, and a link to this webpage will be included in the listing of your study on the Aspect Facebook page.
Step 4: Pay the non-refundable application fee of $150
Payments can be made via telephone using a credit card.
Please call Aspect Accounts on 02 8977 8389 with your credit card details.
Quote the reference code ASPECTRA for Aspect Research Approvals.
When you make the payment, Aspect Accounts will email a copy of your payment receipt to you.
Please attach a copy of your payment receipt when you email your application to Aspect Research.
(The application fee is not required for Autism CRC research projects.)
Step 5: Submit your application and all documentation by email
To submit your application, email one (1) copy of your application, all supporting documentation and your payment receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org
When your payment and all documentation is received, Aspect Research will asssess your appplication.
If you have a question about applications, please email to email@example.com