Who can give us feedback?
- Anyone can give us feedback at any time.
- Other people can also tell us for you if there is something you don’t like, or you think that we can do better.
- We will work with who you like, such as an advocate, support person, family member or interpreter.
What can you give us feedback about?
We want you to tell us:
- How you feel or what you think about Aspect services. It can be good or bad. This is called feedback.
- If there is something you would like us to change or add in with one of our services. This is called a suggestion.
- If there is something that we did well. This is called a compliment.
- If there is something we did that made you angry, upset or that hurt you. This is called a complaint.
- It is very important to tell us if there is a time when you did not feel safe or an Aspect staff member did something that you didn’t like.
- We will work with you to fix the problem.
What feedback does Aspect not accept?
We can’t help you with:
- Services that are not a part of Aspect’s work - please contact the place that provides the services directly.
- How much money you get from the Government, such your NDIS package – please contact the funding body directly.
- Problems you have to do with people on the autism spectrum that are not supported by Aspect.
How can you give feedback?
- You can tell one of our staff members or a manager. Our staff can help you tell us in the way that you use to communicate.
- You can make a phone call to 1800 277 328 or to the Aspect school or service.
- You can send an email to email@example.com
- You can write or draw a letter, and fax or post it to your Aspect service.
- You can fill out a feedback or complaint form at your Aspect service.
- You can use the Contact Us page on this website.
- If you need help in your own language, go here: Help in other languages
What do we do with the feedback?
- We take all types of feedback seriously, especially complaints.
- We will always try to learn more about what you are telling us and do what we can to fix any problems. If you need help talking to us, we will make sure you get it.
- You can find contact information for services to help you here: Useful Contacts
- We will always try to keep you safe. We will not do anything bad to you if you tell us a complaint, like stopping you from coming to Aspect.
- We will only tell people who need to know about your feedback. Your information will be private.
- We will let you know we have received your feedback in 2 business days.
- We will keep you informed about what is happening with your feedback, and give you an update in 10 business days.
We will always be fair
- We listen to everyone involved. Everyone has the right to be heard.
- If the complaint is about someone, we will tell them about what has been said.
- The person who the complaint is about will be able to tell us about what they think happened.
- After we have all the information we can get, we will make a decision that is fair.
- We will make sure everyone involved knows what to expect and how we will deal with the feedback.
- We will make sure we tell everyone involved about what we learnt and our decision. Sometimes we will not be able to tell you everything but we will tell you what we can that is fair to everyone.
Who else can you tell?
If you are not happy with how we have worked with you about your feedback, you can:
- Tell the manager or national director of the part of Aspect that you go to school or receive a support from.
- If you are still not happy, you can tell the CEO of Aspect.
- You can also tell agencies outside Aspect that help can help you, such as the government. Information about who you can contact is available on our full feedback and complaints page, here: External complaints
We have more complex information on giving feedback below. That information is not in an Easy English format.