Autism Advisors are offering free one-on-one appointments via phone or Zoom for parents and carers of young children on the autism spectrum. They also offer a range of Webinars.
Here for you wherever you are
The Autism Advisor Program offers FREE, impartial and evidence-informed information and support to the parents and carers of children in the 0-7 age range who may have autism or have received a diagnosis of autism.
Support is offered through:
- Pre and Post Diagnostic Support and Information
- Information line for families of newly diagnosed children and families accessing Autism Advisor Program and Early Days services.
- Information and Support Groups - new dates for November coming soon
- Free autism-specific workshops - new dates coming soon
- Information Sessions for professionals - new dates coming soon
We can provide language interpreters when needed. Call 13 14 50 and ask them to call 1300 978 611
Post Diagnostic Support and Information: Building Parent Capacity and Understanding
An Autism Advisor is available to talk to you individually about your child’s diagnosis through our Post Diagnostic Appointments (PDAs). These appointments are planned and paced to suit your needs and availability. They can be conducted over the phone or face to face.
We can discuss the following topics:
- What is autism: Understanding my child's support needs and strengths
- Support and early intervention options
- NDIS and Medicare Items
- Family Wellbeing
Contact us to register your interest in the Post Diagnostic Support and Education program
Information line for the families of new diagnosed children and families already accessing AAP and ED services:
You can call the Autism Advisor Program at any time to ask questions about autism, funding options and therapy. We can also answer questions about the transition from the Helping Children with Autism package to the NDIS.
Information Sessions for Professionals
The Autism Advisor Program is offering FREE information sessions for Professionals.
The Information Session for Professionals is a webinar presentation designed for diagnosticians and medical professionals, parent support groups, allied health providers, support services, early education and care settings who work with children who are being assessed for, or have just received a diagnosis of autism. The information sessions aim to give professionals an understanding of the Autism Advisor program and its services, referral pathways and to discuss the importance of post-diagnostic support.
The sessions will include information on:
- Autism Advisor Early Intervention Ready Program
- Autism Advisor Parent Group Support Sessions
- Webinars for Early Childhood Professionals
- HCWA to NDIS Transition Support
- How do families of children aged 0-7 years of age access the NDIS?
- What support will be available after the Autism Advisor Program finishes?
Free Webinars for Early Childhood Professionals
Do you work for an early childhood education service? Would your service/staff benefit from FREE, evidence-based information about autism?
The topics covered include:
- Understanding characteristics of autism
- Identifying early signs
- Strengths of individuals with autism
- Practical strategies