Latest Aspect Services Update
Updated: 20th September 2021
The NSW Government announced the easing of some restrictions in Local Government Areas of Concern, with nearly all the restrictions in the LGAs of concern now aligned with other lockdown areas.
Yesterday the VIC Government revealed its roadmap out of lockdown, highlighting vaccine mandates for teachers, childcare workers, hospitality workers and hospitality patrons, and the end of lockdowns when VIC hits 70% double vaccination status.
The NSW regional town of Cowra will also re-enter lockdown from 5pm today for an initial 7 day period, in addition to Glenn Innes and Hilltops who went back into lockdown last Friday afternoon.
For anyone who currently lives in a NSW local government area of concern and needs to travel outside the area to attend work, from Thursday 9th September 2021 to leave your area you must have had:
- at least 1 dose of a COVID-19 vaccine or
- an appointment booked to be vaccinated on or before 19 September 2021 or
- evidence of a medical exemption
By 20 September, they must have had 1 dose of the vaccine unless exempt.
Authorised workers who are unable to have a COVID-19 vaccine can request a COVID-19 vaccination exemption for medical reasons.
NSW Health will provide priority AstraZeneca vaccinations at Qudos Bank Arena for Greater Sydney school-based and preschool staff during the week beginning 6 September - Where and how to get your COVID-19 vaccination in NSW | NSW Government. Aspect staff are also encouraged to make use of the GP network, walk-in vaccination clinics and pharmacies to be vaccinated with whatever vaccine is available as soon as possible.
VIC Health is also flagging additional vaccine appointments this week. To see a list of appointments available across VIC visit here.
Below is a list of Government websites providing the most reliable information on restrictions, testing, vaccines and support payments - noting that these sites are sometimes not updated with the latest information until mid to late afternoon.
- Stay-at-home orders for all residents of Greater Sydney, the Blue Mountains, and Wollongong LGAs have been extended until midnight Thursday 30 September 2021. Residents must also stay within 5km of their home if they leave their LGA.
- Lockdown restrictions for parts of Regional NSW have again been eased – while Albury and Lismore have returned to lockdown until Thursday 23 September, Glen Innes and Hilltops LGAs until 24 September and Cowra has also returned to lockdown from 5pm Monday, 20 September until 28 September. Yass Valley also remains in lockdown until 28 September The full list of LGAs that remain under lockdown is available here.
- There has been a slight easing of restrictions for Greater Sydney LGAs of concern, but restrictions for authorised workers living in LGAs of concern still remain in place.
- All residents and visitors in Metropolitan Melbourne and Ballarat are under stay-at-home orders.
- Tight border restrictions are in place for VIC and NSW.
- Residents and visitors to the ACT are under stay-at-home orders until 11:59pm Friday 15 October 2021.
Aspect Service Update:
- Aspect Adult Community Services in NSW have been suspended.
- VIC Adult Community Services are still considered essential services and continue to operate.
- Aspect Therapy Services in the lockdown areas of NSW & the ACT will only be conducted via TeleTherapy appointments.
- Aspect Therapy Services in Victoria will only be conducted via TeleTherapy appointments.
- Aspect Employment Services in the lockdown areas of NSW will only be conducted via TeleHealth appointments.
- Aspect Employment and Support Coordination in Victoria will only be conducted via TeleHealth appointments.
- Aspect Schools are affected depending on their location:
- All Aspect Schools in NSW are employing learning from home until Government lockdowns end, with the exception of Coffs Harbour and Port Macquarie Campuses, who are located in an area of Regional NSW where lockdown has ended.
- Aspect Treetop in SA is not impacted.
Please contact your School or your Service Coordinator directly if you need to discuss how we can best support you, or contact us on 1800 277 328.
Supports and resources
The Federal Government has established a COVID-19 hotline which is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to answer any additional questions you may have – 1800 022 222.
We are following Government guidelines on COVID-safe practices and we have developed a COVID-19 Safety Plan, implemented across all of our sites and services.
Are you on Facebook?
Aspect has set up a private Facebook Group for Autistic Adults during COVID19
Where to get more information and support
You can read our COVID-19 Safety Plan here.