What we do
The social or interest-based groups are for children, siblings, youths and adults, and they are designed to support the strength and interests of people on the spectrum so that social skills and capacity building across a range of areas can be achieved.
We provide opportunities to meet others, develop friendships and explore shared interests.
There are social groups operating in various locations across various locations within NSW, Victoria and South Australia. Please contact us to discuss your needs and location.
- Support the development of social and communication skills
- Positively impact upon the mental health and self –esteem of those accessing the program
- Support participants to have positive relationships with others
- Reduce social isolation
- Increase social connections
- Promote inclusion and engagement with local communities
- Provide opportunities for participants to develop transferable skills and competencies
Throughout the year, we organise workshops through which participants can build upon their skills.
This is achieved in partnership with a range of organisations that help us to build capacity in people's area of interest. For example, we have worked with some of Australia's leading banks where people have expressed an interest in data analysis and specialist projects in IT.
Costs will be quoted for you depending upon your individual circumstances, including funding eligibility, the service you choose, and the pricing determined by the funder. We are a registered NDIS service provider and we can assist you to understand how you can utilise your funds to receive this service.